4.11.2011

day 4: i blew it! and the Jealousy Demon

so, i buckled and had a taste of some of my bro's 7-layer dip.  it had cheese in it.  see everyone? I'M HUMAN.  a spiritual being having a human experience, rather.  it gets clumsy in here sometimes.

otherwise, it's going pretty well.  today was less headache-y, though i had some weird nervy, burning sensations in my calves for the early half of the day.  sometimes i get that sensation in my hamstrings...not sure if it's because of some kind of deficiency...maybe i need to increase my potassium.

i read somewhere that a majority of the toxic waste in the human body is excreted via respiration.  in other words, deep, conscious breathing is a great tool for detoxing.  when i went on my walk this evening, i made it a point to slow down and breathe in a slow, melodic rhythm.  even taking 10 deep breaths once a day can make a huge difference in one's energy level.  which is why i love teaching yoga, because i become aware of my own breath as i attempt to make others aware of theirs.  did i mention i have one of the best jobs in the world?

did a demon-feeding sesh this morning.  (i posted a link about Feeding Your Demons here.)  the demon? Jealousy.  yep, i'm partially Latina, so you can imagine that this is a problem in my relationships...even though i can be a shameless flirt.  yep, i'm hypocritical at times.  like i said: i'm human.

anyway, Jealousy looked a lot like Jabba the Hut, with dead, unfeeling gray eyes and long, spindly fingers, grasping desparately to hold onto everything and everyone.  while my Jealousy demon wanted to fuck up all of my relationships and prevent my from finding true intimacy, what it needed was affection and tenderness.  so i fed it with love, deep, pure, true love, and it dissolved away into a tiny blue-green gecko.  (i know, kinda weird, but this is where my visualization brought me, peeps.  i have an active imagination.)  this little guy led me to an ally, a beautiful dark-skinned woman wearing turquoise robes, sitting in lotus pose on the surface of a pool of water.  her hands were in dhyani mudra and she looked at me with deep, loving brown eyes.  i asked her four questions.

how will you help me?  
i will help you by opening up your heart and allowing true intimacy to develop. i will teach you to trust.


how will you protect me?
i will protect you by being your rock, your steady shoulder to rest against when you feel weary or hopeless or scared.


what is your pledge to me?
pledge to never abandon you in your time of need.


how can i gain access to you?
you can gain access to me by wearing or looking at the color turquoise, by gazing up into the sky, or by looking into your own eyes in a mirror.


and with that, me and my ally were integrated, and i enjoyed a few minutes of stillness.


alright, i'm craving my evening meditation and sleep.  off to dream...

2 comments:

nd4spd40 said...

Don't worry Mel...my dip has been described as magical... and it is made with love :)

mt said...

oh, Joey...i love you. :) and yes, your dip IS magically delicious!